Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Getting Away

Got another Cottonwood/Jerome trip planned for this weekend. This time we're taking advantage of having Veteran's Day off and going up on Friday and coming back Saturday. The weather is nice and cool up there so it should be a nice get-away for us. My roommate is going to bring the video camera from church and shoot some video for Malo's spoken word project. We hope to get some footage in a graveyard and some alleys, old buildings, etc. Hopefully we'll be able to hang out with Greg and Debbie while we're up there. They're pretty busy with the group home kids though so we'll just have to play that one by ear.

I think I'm starting to feel the depression and anxiety I get around the holidays. I was thinking back to this time last year and my life was total hell. Sherry was dying, my aunt fell and broke her hip, and my grandmother was in the hospital. It was a really stressful time for me and I think that's where the anxiety is coming from now. The holidays at my parent's house this year will be pretty strange. Sherry won't be there, my grandmother and aunt are both in a nursing home permanently now so they won't be there either. It will just be my parents, brother and I...how awkward. But things are going really good in my life right now and I'm determined to keep my focus on that.

No comments: