Monday, September 26, 2005

What Happened to the Weekend?

My weekend went by really quick for some reason. Saturday was Adopt-a-Block. We did alot of yardwork and my legs are still sore from it. The people we meet and connect with make it all worthwhile though and it's so cool knowing that God can use me to make someone's day a little bit brighter. After Adopt-a-Block I went back to the church and hung out with my roommate who was making some videos for the upcoming women's retreat. We lost track of time and were there till after six that night! The sound guy and the worship band drummer were there too doing percussion overdubs for the live worship cd. It was fun to watch them work and hear their progress. That cd is gonna rock! Sunday at church the pastor mentioned me in her sermon (without mentioning my name) about something I had discussed with her a few weeks earlier. I had no idea she'd do that so it really freaked me out. But it was really cool that she did that as one of the things I continually struggle with is feeling that what I have to say is never much importance to anyone.

This Thursday I'm going to see Henry Rollins...yay!!! It's gonna be a good week. :-)

No comments: